Friday, January 21, 2011

39 weeks, 2 Days...Only 5 Days Left.

We are still playing the waiting game at our house. I am still good with that, for now. Still ready in many ways, yet will NEVER be ready in other ways.

Everyone seems to be well now, so if she were to come today we have good health on our side. I am still feeling really good, for the most part. I don't particularly enjoy getting out too much at this stage and would really just prefer to keep comfy clothes on and stay at home. Izzy and I have been trying to get outside as much as possible. Yesterday, I pulled her around the yard on a sled for what seemed to be hours. She loved it, so that made me happy. Sleeping is okay. I have slept better in my life, but I actually can't complain too much. Some days I do wake up and think, "Wow, I felt better before I went to sleep last night." It's the tossing and turning and getting up for trips to the bathroom. No other real problems, except that these maternity clothes just aren't going to fit for much longer if this belly continues to grow. Oh, and the belly-button...well, it is gone now. Though, I haven't gained any weight in the last few weeks...thank goodness!!

We had another appointment with our mid-wife today. Again, everything seems good. She didn't check me to see if I was dilated or effaced. I am okay with that too. Dilation and effacement really don't tell you anything, as I learned with Izzy. You can walk around almost 100% effaced and dilated some centimeters, but take for ever to actually go into "real" labor or give birth. One good updated though. Baby's head seems to be engaged and resting on my pelvic bone. I am pretty sure that I could have told her that without her telling me though. I feel an unbelievable amount of pressure b/c of that little head, especially at night. She, the midwife, did look at Izzy and then Martin and asked, "What will you do with her if this one decides to be born tonight." So, I think she believes that it could be any day now. Only time will tell. One thing is for sure though. I cannot wait to hold this little one and love on her. :o) I love my babies!!!

Our next appointment is next Thursday. We'll see if we make...

1 comment:

LB said...

We're thinking about you and counting the days down too - it won't be long now!