Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"The Bump" - Week 20

So, we are officially half-way there!!! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by so far.

Today we had another ultrasound. They have done one every month, which I think will continue until the end. Seems that it is the norm over here. I won't complain, b/c I love to see the little one moving away on the screen. Anyway, she is still a girl. Her measurements are exactly to date, which is okay with me. I am perfectly fine with an average sized baby. We still have 20 weeks to go, so we'll see what happens. My weight gain is good too. I am right in the middle of the expected weight gain range. Blood pressure and all else was great, as well. We are keeping a good check on amniotic fluid levels. As many of you know, mine got low with Izzy sometime between 22-24 weeks. I am hoping and praying that it doesn't happen again.

She is a little mover. I am not sure if this is a good sign or not. Izzy was never this active so early on. Second and subsequent babies are felt sooner, but these kicks are much stronger than I remember with Izzy. We can actually already see my belly move when she kicks and Martin has been able to feel her too. I can't really remember that with Izzy until I was around 24-26 weeks. Anyway, I am a little scared of what all this activity means. As most of you know, Izzy was a VERY baby (and still is....sigh), so I am thinking that history may be repeating itself. Guess we'll see about that one too.

Izzy and I went through baby clothes today. Thankfully, we have a ton of clothes that we can reuse. One perk of having another girl, which by the way I am really excited about! Only problem is that our seasons will be a little off at times. We'll probably end up buying some 6 and 9 month summer stuff when we are home next summer. Little girl clothes are super cute, so I am sure I'll be able to handle it. ;o) One really important purchase will be a "take-me-home" outfit, which is already presenting itself as a challenge. We won't be purchasing anything like a Feltman Brothers dress, due to the super cold weather that will be here when she is born. We'll find something extra cute and extra special though.

I am seriously thinking of delivering this baby in a Mid-Wife House/Birthing Center. You see, epidurals are kind of out of the norm here AND most hospitals do not even offer them. So, looks like I will be getting an all natural birth. Yah...yeah, now that I know just how painful contractions can be....and how long labor can last. Also, if we deliver in a hospital it is possible that I would have to share a room with 3 other people. That would all depend on how busy the baby business is at the time. Anyway, I say "Ummm, no thanks." to the shear thought of it. If she is delivered at the mid-wife house we can go home as soon as 4 hours afterwards, and would be expected to if all is well. I am pretty okay with that, b/c I don't think I would be getting any rest with my other option at the hospital anyway. Oh, and we have found several mid-wives who speak English...Thank goodness!!!!!

Now, the baby naming game. Well, it seems to be a little more difficult this time around. We have narrowed it down to just a few first names that we really like. The middle name is a struggle though. Seems like we can't really agree on anything. I keep telling Martin that I WILL name her what I want when I am in excruciating pain, b/c I can't get an epidural in the country he brought me to. ;o) That is another one we'll need to wait and see about.

Now, on to Izzy. She is excited about having a baby sister...thus far. She pats her belly and says, "Izzy have baby in belly." She wants to be like her mama. Then, when we talk about the baby she says, "See her. See her. See baby." She doesn't understand that this is going to take a while. I am glad that she is excited, but I am sure that it will change when she is actually here. I sure hope she handles it well. We'll just have to try and make her feel extra special too in all of this. After all, she will always be my baby too and I feel a little like I am "dethroning" her. It will end up being good for her though. She needs to realize that this is not Izzy's world.


Here are two pictures of "The Bump":







(Sorry, it is the best I could get for now and I know everyone is tired of waiting. I promise to have better ones next time.)

And on we go to week 21!!!

No comments: